A close, smooth shave is important and not just to the man doing the shaving. The woman in a man’s life loves that ultra smooth feeling of a freshly shaved face. This means that everyone in your house is going to want to know about the brand new product from Gillete! The latest high-tech innovative new razor – The Gillette Fusion ProGlide.
This new razor has been designed with the needs of men firmly in the forefront, Gillette listen to men and find out what it is they want out of their razor and the science behind the Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor addresses every aspect and has taken the habits and rituals of men all over the world into account.
Some of the unique technologies that have been incorporated into the design of this razor include:
- Re-engineered Low Cutting Force Leading Blades that have thinner, finer edges and a coating that means an effortless shave with less tug and pull.
- A Blade Stabiliser to retain the best spacing for comfort as well as allowing adjustment to the contours of a man’s face.
- Snowplow Comfort Guard which is streamlined and channels shaving cream (or whatever is used to lather) to ensure blade contact is optimal and the skin is stretched for a close and comfortable shave.
- A Larger Lubrastrip that allows the razor to move smoothly across the skin even on repeat strokes, infused with mineral oil and lubricants.
- Precision Trimmer improvements to include a comb guard to better align long hairs, an enhanced blade and new rinse through slots.
- The handle has been redesigned for better control and to ensure the switch between back and front shaving surfaces is flawless, this was achieved with bigger, ergonomic grips.
- Exclusive to the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power is the innovative Microcomb that helps guide the hair to the blade.
A beautiful, smooth, freshly shaven face isn’t just about the razor though!
A lot of it comes down to the technique so here we have some handy grooming tips so you can make sure your man has a smooth, strokable face.
5 Common Shaving Errors and Ways to Correct them.
Inadequate preparation – not showering before shaving. Showering before you shave softens, penetrates and expands the beard which makes it easier to shave
Not understanding the hair growth pattern and shaving in the wrong direction. Facial hair doesn’t grow in one uniform direction, especially on the neck. If you understand the growth pattern and shave in that direction you will greatly reduce irritation and razor bumps. Hair grows in every direction so if you run your hand across your skin and it’s smooth then that’s the direction you shave – if it’s prickly you’re going the wrong way and that’s often how you end up with red bumps and irritation.
Using too many strokes. Instead of lots of short, quick strokes you should use long gliding strokes. The Fusion ProGlide utlilises five of the finest blades to go over the skin with every stroke.
Not realising there is a trimmer blade on the back of Gillette Fusion Cartridges. The single trimmer blade on the back of the cartridge is a great male grooming tool that allows men to shave the difficult areas around the nose and trim sideburns.
Not upgrading to the latest shaving technology. This one speaks for itself really. In all aspects of our lives we try to keep up with the latest technologies and innovations; and shaving shouldn’t be any different. The Fusion ProGlide has numerous unique technologies to ensure that your experience is smooth and comfortable, just like your face will be.
This new razor has got some awesome statistics attached to itself already and I can’t wait to see how it goes over here.
The Gillette Fusion ProGlide was 4 years in the making and in that time it evolved through 200 prototypes and 83 patents. The research hours that went into this design seems a little hard to translate in my head – 56,000 hours of research.
This product was tested by 30,000 men before the final product was tested and that seems like an awful lot of strokable faces to compare!
The statistic that I find the most exciting is that in the US, within the first 10 weeks of the launch, 2.5 million Gillette Fusion ProGlide were sold. I wonder if we can get the figure over here up near that number, relatively at least.
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual RRP $13.99
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power RRP $16.99
The Gillette Fusion ProGlide razors are availabe at leading retailers from June 26th.