There’s a mild chill in the air as we cover up in warmer layers, but for many, the thought of snow and rain doesn’t dampen their desire for a beautiful bronze winter faux glow.
But fake tanners be warned, botched winter tanning is a lot more unforgiving than a summer tan slip up. Less-than-perfect fake tans are a lot more noticeable in the winter time.
To help avoid embarrassing tanning mishaps this winter, our expert friends at leading Australian tanning company Bonza Bronz, give us the low down on how to achieve the perfect winter faux glow.
1) Go a shade lighter on your spray tan than you would in the spring or summer seasons, the result will be a more natural looking tone.
2) For naturally fair skins tones ask your therapist for a medium shade in their spray tanning formula instead of a the darkest.
3) For more olive tones you can get away with a deeper tan shade, but be sure not to go too dark for winter, staying just 2-3 shades deeper than your natural tone.
4) Gradual tanning products are perfect for at home winter tanning. Apply your gradual tanner one light coat at a time until you achieve the desired natural looking bronze shade. Ensure you have allowed each coat to develop before applying a new layer, so be sure to read directions thoroughly.
Recommended product: Bonza Bronz Xtend Gradual Tanning Crème, applied with Bonza Bronz tanning mit for a flawless finish.
5) Skin can often lose moisture in winter months and become patchy and dry. So whether applying a tan at home or having a professional spray tan it is important to exfoliate (prior to tanning) and moisturise well (post tanning). This will create a more even, flawless tan that lasts longer. Using a tan specific body wash will also help prolong the life of your tan and help avoid your tan becoming patchy.
Recommended products: Bonza Bronz Xtend Body Wash & Bonza Bronz Polish (exfoliator)
6) Too afraid to try an all over tan in winter? Then use a face tanner, mixed in with your foundation or on its own, to add a subtle golden touch of bronze to your face and neck area before applying your makeup.
Recommended products: Bonza Bronz Face Tanner.
For more information on Bonza Bronz range visit: www.bonzabronz.com.au
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x