Stuck for an idea for what to give Mum for Mother’s Day this year? Philips have a suggestion which we know she will love – the Satinelle Wet and Dry Epilator!
Epilators are certainly not created equally, but with this purchase you can be sure you will be getting a quality product…and a hair free body with the least amount of pain possible. This will get all those pesky hairs, even the fine ones with a firm grip.
One of the best features is the 5 different accessories which come included. You get a shaving head with trimming comb, facial cap, delicate area cap and massage cap. That’s right, this isn’t just for your legs but your body and face too – every hair removal need is covered in one box.
The handle feels comfortable in your hand, and the massage cap is a good option for those who are new to epilating and want something a little gentler. There are two speed settings to choose from and you can use it with or without the cord. If you are going cordless make sure you prepare in advance as it takes about 1.5 hours to get your 40 minutes of use. I like to use it wet as I find my skin is more prepared for the process, but that is the beauty of this device – you can go wet or dry!
What’s more, it looks quite pretty in design in a light purple and white and comes with a 2 year warranty. This is a clever little innovation by Philips, and to help you on your way, the brand has come up with some handy hair removal tips…
10 tips for healthy skin and hair removal by Philips
Philips offers readers top tips on healthy skin and hair removal:
1. Know your skin, you need to analyse what is best for you and your body. Different treatments will suit different people. Red heads stereotypically experience a lot of pain when waxing, so it’s best if they look at other options. Also, if your hair grows quickly and is quite coarse you probably want to consider laser hair removal to minimise the time spent on upkeep.
2. Protect against UV with SPF. It may be coming into autumn, but that doesn’t mean that strong UV rays won’t permeate through the Ozone layer. Find a daily moisturiser or foundation with a broad-spectrum SPF 30+ to hydrate and protect your skin.
3. Reduce your shower temperature. We all love a hot shower when it gets colder, however high temperatures and cleanser will wash away the natural moisture that resides within your skin cells. Ensure that your water temperature is appropriate and doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
4. Exfoliate regularly. Making the effort to exfoliate whilst showering will assist in removing dead skin cells and allows moisturisers to properly soak in to the skin giving you an extra glow. The Philips Visacare will help exfoliate skin and keep you looking fresh in the winter months.
5. Moisturise… and moisturise again. Both before you start your day and again before climbing into bed, be sure to slather your body with a thick moisturiser that will trap and lock in your skins essential oils. Moroccan Oil is great for areas such as knees and elbows that dry out faster.
6. Skip over-the-top fragrances. Dry skin tends to be more sensitive, and will react to skincare scents, whether synthetic or natural. Opt for fragrance free products, and your skin will thank you.
7. Think ahead and remove hair, as it is important to take time to invest in your future skin. Your hair grows in multiple stages so if you want to be on hairless next summer you should allow time to use your IPL machine or epilator a few times before the warmer weather comes around.
8. Many people experience different levels of pain when removing hair. Often they turn to a razor as it hurts less. However, this only acts as a short term method of hair removal. Branch into some new methods, many people find Epilators and IPL aren’t that painful and the results last longer.
9. Get to the root of the problem. Waxing is a great way to remove excess hair. However, if done wrong people can experience pain and slight burning. Laser and IPL treatments are great alternative as it does not lead to scaring and grazed skin.
10. Location is everything. Attending appointments can be a hassle when trying to fit them into our busy schedules. Finding effective, hassle free treatments at home are key to looking great. Philips offers shaving products for days of smooth skin, epilators for weeks and IPL for months
The Philips Satinelle Epilator has an RRP of $149, and is available from the Shaver Shop.
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x