One thing that every woman needs to have is a well equipped makeup bag, and in order to do this you need to make sure you have all of the essentials for day to day use. While we all use different types of products, there are certain items that no makeup bag should be without. With the right essentials you can ensure you are equipped for both day and night, so if you plan to head on a night out you have all of the items you need to transform from your casual day look to your glam evening one.
Many women are tempted to try and fit as much as they can into their makeup bags whether they tend to use the products or not, so it is best to determine which items you do need and which you don’t in order to ensure you have your essentials. However, there are some basics that every woman should have in her makeup bag in order to ensure she is always prepared.
Top makeup bag essentials
While there are many different products that you can choose from, below are some of the essentials that you really need in your makeup bag:
- Concealer: Never forget to invest in a good concealer for your makeup bag, as you never know when you might need it. You can choose from both cream and stick concealers available with money-saving offers at All Beauty, so you can find the perfect one. You can also choose from a range of different brands such as Clarins and Revlon.
- Eye shadow palette: Another essential for your makeup bag is a small eye shadow palette with neutral colours as you can use these on a daily basis and the colours won’t clash with what you wear. You can also find palettes with a wider range of colours so that you can switch from a neutral look to a more dramatic one if you are heading out.
- Foundation: In order to ensure you can enjoy an even skin tone and smooth complexion, make sure you have a good foundation in your makeup bag. You can select from many different types such as mousse, cream and powder foundation. For a lighter option you could try something like a BB cream or tinted moisturiser, which gives a more natural finish.
- Lipstick palette: While you could opt for having just one lipstick in your makeup bag, having a palette with a number of different shades will give you more choice. You can then wear the shade that matches your outfit or the occasion. This also gives you the option to switch from your casual day colour to a more dramatic colour for an evening out without having lots of different lipsticks in your makeup bag.
- Blusher: In order to bring out those cheek bones and give your face more definition, you need to have a good blusher in your makeup bag. Many people opt for a blusher and bronzer duo, as they can add more depth and colour. You will find various different shades so make sure you choose the one that suits your skin tone.
- Powder compact: Nobody wants to be seen with a shiny nose or chin when they are heading out, so it is also essential to have a good powder compact in your makeup bag. You can simply dab onto shiny areas and lightly brush across the skin after applying foundation to avid a caked-on look.
- Eyeliner: In order to define those eyes, make sure you have an eyeliner in your makeup bag as part of your essentials kit. Black eyeliner is very versatile and will really help to make your eyes stand out. However, if you feel black may be too dramatic for you then you can opt for black/brown or dark brown instead for a softer look.
- Mascara: One makeup items that many women would never be without is mascara, so this is a must for your makeup bag essentials list. You will get mascaras with different brush types to create different effects so find the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
- Lip gloss: In order to glam up your look and add some shine to your lips, add a lip gloss to your makeup bag. By opting for a clear gloss you can add shine no matter what colour lipstick you are wearing. This is a really simple way to create fuller-looking, more dramatic lips in an instant.
- Eyebrow pencil: Shapely eyebrows can help to bring definition to your whole face as well as bringing out your eyes. Therefore, you need to ensure you have a good brow pencil in your makeup bag to create shape and a dramatic finish.
By making sure you invest in these popular makeup essentials for your makeup bag, you can ensure you have everything you need to create a subtle daytime look as well as a dramatic evening one.